Monday, December 5, 2011

Needing a Diet Pepsi!

So I have been challenged to go 30 days with a diet pepsi or bread/pasta.  If anyone knows me, then they are laughing at this challenge.  They are also going to stop and think about how competitive I am.  Therefore, I am going for it.  I love diet pepsi (unfortunately) and who doesn't love bread? The soft warm--stop stop stop.  No reason to think about it since I'm not having it.

The Diet Pepsi wasn't a big deal.  The first day was a pain, with a major headache involved, but after the first day I've done very well!  I feel less bloated (5 days in) and more energy.  I drink a lot more water and if I need something other than water, unsweetened iced tea or a Sobe lifewater (0 calories!) is what I lean towards.

This bread thing has been a challenge.  Starting this challenge on a weekend where I would be out of town was frustrating, but then again, it needs to start now.  I have had to think a bit more about the items on a menu and become fully aware of what is in a meal.  So far, so good.  Since protein acts as a appetite suppressant, adding extra protein to my daily routine is key.

What have I eaten today?
Breakfast: 2 eggs with a slice of american cheese (2%) 2 8z glasses of water.  (191 calories)
Lunch: Protein Bar 1 8oz glass of water.(224 calories)
Dinner: Steak Ceasar Salad 1 8 oz glass of water. (569 calories)
Snack: Chobani yogurt (140 calories)
Total: 1124 calories...a little below my allowed caloric intake (1300) but I want to move my calorie intake down to 1200 so this is good.  I'm not hungry and finished eating dinner before 7pm.

Exercise?  It's getting chilly out here in Maryland so I'll be indoors tonight. And, until Santa brings me my elliptical (wink wink) I will be using my wii fit plus!  I did lose about 20 lbs back in college using just the wii, so it does add a bit of cardio to my daily lifestyle.  And a good motto is: any movement is good movement!

That does it for me today! :) 
Have a wonderful rest of your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment