Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lesson Learned!

Hello Cyberworld!

I've been doing pretty well this week.  I'm down 3 lbs to 178 from a week ago.  I'm assuming that cutting out the sodium from diet soda has been extremely helpful to those 3 lbs.  I have to say though, my doctor was completely correct.  I have an underactive thyroid which has been a huge part of my weight gain over the years (besides just not paying attention) and she explained that I have to cut my caloric intake to about 1200 calories a day in order to see any significant weight loss.  Now that I'm a week into this, it's starting to pay off.

Good news: I'm losing weight and feeling good about it! I'm also able to still go out to dinner without feeling like I can't eat anything. :)

Bad news: Haven't come across much yet. I'm still having a difficult time working out every day.  However, I do try my best to get extra steps in.

So, what did I eat today?
Breakfast (7:30)- Special K Protein Bar (chocolate, yum!) 170 calories
Snack (10:15ish)- 2 oz. chicken 70 calories
Lunch: (12:30) Protein Shake 190 calories
Snack: (3:00) 2 oz. chicken 70 calories
Dinner: (6:00) Greene Turtle Caeasar Salad 574 calories, Glass of white wine (3.5 oz) 84 calories
Total: 1,159 calories out of 1200.

I did have a lot more calories at dinner than normal, but to be fair, this does not take into consideration the fact that croutons were not eaten as I am not eating bread.

No exercise today since I didn't get home until 8pm....but more exercise tomorrow! :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment